Dear Prospective Presenter,
The success of Conferences like this relies on the quality of the presentations and the generosity of presenters to give up their time and ensure the sessions are interesting and informative. Teachers particularly value the peer to peer learning and any useful takeaways they can implement in their classrooms. If possible, we also encourage you to try and incorporate any Conference theme that has been determined. If you have not presented in the past, we encourage you to consider this. We look forward to reviewing your session and will advise whether it has been accepted or not.
Please read the registration and terms and conditions set out below carefully.
STAV Events Co-ordinator
- The presenter and only one co-presenter are free of charge for the session they are presenting.
- All subsequent co-presenters are charged $75 each and need to register to attend sessions.
- All presenters are able to register “free of charge” for other sessions at this conference only on the day they present.
- STAV does not pay presenters any fee nor do we pay CRT to schools to cover presenters.
- STAV reserves the right to accept a session or not.
- All rules and regulations regarding copyright are to be followed.
- If you are promoting a product within your session, this must be made clear by indicating that it is a “Commercial Presentation” on the Call for Sessions form. STAV does not support unsolicited advertising and delegates become irritated when faced with unexpected promotion within their chosen sessions. Presenters who fail to heed this warning may not be permitted to present at future conferences.
- Please advise us of your specific requirements (room type and preferred layout, max number of attendees and any special activities planned and equipment required etc.)
- Sessions will be cancelled if 5 or more delegates have not registered 7 days prior to the conference. Presenters will be notified.
Permission from Principal or Organisation to attend the conference.
Permission to deliver
If any of the content or resources of your presentation or workshop may be drawn from a role you perform under contract to a third party (eg, publisher or examinations board) it is your obligation to inform the third party of the nature of your proposed presentation or workshop and, if required, obtain their consent to your proposed content and use of resources before submitting your proposal to STAV. Submission of your proposal to STAV will be taken to mean that you have taken all appropriate steps to determine whether or not the content of your proposed presentation or workshop is or is not drawn from a role you perform under contract to a third party and, if so, that you have, if required, obtained their consent. STAV will reserve the right to seek recompense in the event that a presentation or workshop is cancelled if it is shown that you have not observed this requirement.
I have read and agree to the above terms and conditions